Premises Liability Attorney in Radcliff & Elizabethtown
Injuries Caused by Unsafe Properties or Negligent Property Owners
Slip and fall injuries and dog bites are two of the most common types of “premises liability” incidents that can lead to a personal injury claim. Negligence of a business or individual can lead to other types of problems that can also warrant pursuing the recovery of sustained damages.
Common incidents involving premises liability in Kentucky include:
- Inadequate maintenance. If defective elements of a building or facility lead to an injury, and the defective elements are the result of poor or nonexistent maintenance, you may have a case. This can include situations where deteriorating stairs or handrails break.
- Snow or ice-related injuries. If you are injured due to a failure to address accumulating snow or ice on a property, the owner may be liable.
- Toxic fumes or chemicals. If you are exposed to dangerous materials without ample warning and are injured as a result, there is a good chance you could be entitled to compensation.
- Insufficient security leading to an injury. If a lack of security at a particular location creates an unsafe environment that leads to an injury or assault on the premises, you will likely have a case.
How Do I Prove a Premises Liability Claim?
In order to recover compensation for a premises liability injury, you must be able to show several elements in your claim. It is important that you have enough documentation and legal support to help you build a valid claim for compensation.
Your premises liability claim must be able to prove:
- The property owner or property manager had a duty of care towards you as a guest and to make sure the property is safe.
- The property owner or property manager neglected to maintain a safe environment for those on the property or failed to correct any hazards in a reasonable time.
- The negligence of the property manager/owner caused your injury. You will need to include evidence documenting the link between the two.
- You suffered damages as a result of the physical injury, including lost wages, medical treatment, pain and suffering, etc.
Need an Attorney? We're Ready to Help
Our attorneys can review, investigate, and help you compile a strong case for your premises liability claim. We have decades of experience helping clients pursue the compensation they need to recover.
Our law firm provides a full range of legal services to help you and your family achieve your goals. We speak your language. We are here to help you understand your legal options, what to expect and what steps we can take to protect you.
Our firm offers over the phone and video consultations for your safety and convenience. All consultations are free.
Our attorneys treat you like family. We care about helping you find the best resolution to your case.
We are accessible to our clients and are available 24/7.
Our attorneys offer honest advice and tailored solutions to your unique goals.
We are friendly and approachable lawyers who listen and understand your needs.
Our attorneys have decades of experience with successfully handling a variety of legal matters.