Radcliff Family Law Attorneys
Giving Hardin County Families the Legal Assistance They Need
Even in the best circumstances, a divorce or legal separation can have radical emotional, practical, and financial ramifications for a family. In an ideal world, divorces would remain cordial, and conflicts would be minimal. Unfortunately, tensions can quickly erupt as the specifics of a divorce agreement are negotiated. The outcome of a separation can shape your immediate and long-term financial future. It can also determine when and how often you have access to your children.
With so much at stake, it is imperative you have strong legal representation in your divorce proceeding. Our Radcliff family law lawyers at Musselwhite Meinhart & Staples can fight for your interests during each phase of the process. We understand the sensitivity of familial legal conflicts, especially when children are involved, which is why we make every effort to make the process as painless as possible. We are intimately familiar with the Kentucky divorce court system and can leverage our knowledge to protect you and your family.
Family Law Services We Offer
Many family problems that require legal assistance to effectively resolve stem from disputes in a divorce proceeding. Other problems can persist after a separation occurs, especially when children are involved. Retaining qualified legal representation can help minimize the impact and duration of these conflicts. We offer a full slate of services covering numerous areas of family law.
Our Radcliff family law attorneys can assist you in any of the following areas:
- Divorce. Contested divorces, which require appearing before a judge, typically involve disagreements over property division, debt division, child custody, spousal support, and child support. We can represent you in each stage of the divorce process and negotiate to get you the best possible outcome in each of these areas.
- Legal Separation. If you need to at least temporarily separate from your partner but are not ready to commit to a divorce, we can help you petition for a legal separation and its associated benefits, including spousal support and child custody.
- Child Custody and Parenting Time. If you and a former partner have minor children together, one or both of you will be awarded some level of custody. Custody conflicts can be common despite court orders. We can help you modify child custody if your situation has evolved or assist you in situations where your partner refuses to comply with the terms of a custody agreement.
- Child Support. As part of a divorce agreement, you may be ordered to pay a monthly amount of child support to your ex-spouse if they become the child’s primary custodian. If you retain custody, you might instead be entitled to child support from your former partner. If your ex-spouse refuses to pay, there are legal steps that we can help you take to hold them accountable and recover the delinquent funds. We can also help you request child support modifications if your circumstances have changed since the amount was originally ordered.
- Spousal Support.The party who makes significantly more income than their former partner may be obligated to maintain some level of monetary spousal support, the amount of which is determined by the court. We can help you negotiate and modify spousal support amounts and pursue legal remedies should your partner fail to make payments.
- Property and Debt Division. Who gets what – and who is responsible for what – are often hot topics in a divorce negotiation. We can help argue what qualifies as separate versus marital property and ensure you receive everything to which you are entitled under Kentucky state law.
- Division of Retirement. In some cases, retirement benefits can qualify as marital property, which makes them subject to division in a Kentucky divorce. We can work to safeguard your benefits.
- Mediation and Negotiated Settlements. Reaching a divorce agreement in court can be an expensive and protracted process involving significant legal fees. In situations where conflicts are relatively minor, we can offer meditation outside of the court system to help each party understand their rights under the law and come to a negotiated settlement without involving a drawn-out legal battle.
- Adoption. Adopting a child in Kentucky can be an expensive, consuming process, with a number of legal and financial hurdles involved. If you are looking to grow your family, we can help you navigate each of the often complex steps.
Our Team Can Give You the Family Law Help You Need
Any matter involving family law can quickly become emotionally exhausting and overwhelmingly stressful. Our goal is to help you move through the process as efficiently and effectively as possible to minimize negative consequences to you and the rest of your family. Our Radcliff family law lawyers at Musselwhite Meinhart & Staples strive to give our clients the individualized, compassionate attention they deserve, especially as they navigate a trying, disruptive moment. We treat our clients like part of our own family and will do whatever it takes to protect them.
Our law firm provides a full range of legal services to help you and your family achieve your goals. We speak your language. We are here to help you understand your legal options, what to expect and what steps we can take to protect you.
Our firm offers over the phone and video consultations for your safety and convenience. All consultations are free.
Our attorneys treat you like family. We care about helping you find the best resolution to your case.
We are accessible to our clients and are available 24/7.
Our attorneys offer honest advice and tailored solutions to your unique goals.
We are friendly and approachable lawyers who listen and understand your needs.
Our attorneys have decades of experience with successfully handling a variety of legal matters.